LORD, Thank You

Father God, it just amazes me how truly creative You are. While sitting in a hotel in Frankfurt doing homework the song “Red is the Rose,” by The Chieftains comes on, an Irish diddy with life, vibrancy, and spirit. In but a few moments it picks me up out of my chair and brings me to my knees. It’s not necessarily the music, but what that music represents, an imaginative, creative, and awesome God that provides beauty and joy for all through His creation. It’s the small things that we take for granted in life that when we stop and look, really proclaim Your genius, Your splendor, Your awareness.

Father, why do You give us such extravagant gifts to enjoy and share when we so often turn away from You? I thank You for loving me in my brokenness. That when I attribute inspiration and ingenuity to others, that it is really You behind it all.

I read Revelation and picture the multitudes, every creature on earth, under it, and in the sea singing praises to You in every type of music known to the human tongue and beyond. In blues, country, Irish hymn, pop, rock, orchestral, dance (You know I’ll be dancing!), hip hop, Latin, R&B, and the like. And not just that, but the whole of creation singing to include the birds of the various feathers, the deep throatiness of the frogs! I can picture it clearly and it brings warmth to my soul and a tear to my eye in such a dark and bleak time in our world.

LORD, thank you for bringing peace into our violence. Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pray, Do Not Be Anxious

Oh LORD, You're So Great

Discipleship