LORD, Guide Me


Father, I want nothing more than to do your will, your work, but is it vanity? Do I secretly want others to look at me and say, "Wow, what a knowledgable fellow, he is so godly." Father I pray you keep me humble, that through your Word I remain low. I am scared to fail, to say the wrong thing or to stumble, even though I know it is not the eloquence of my speech, but the power of Your Word that rips at the hearts of others. Continue to build me up in Christ through the wisdom of those before me, of those that walk with You daily, and through Your Word. Keep me from the temptations of this world, not only sensuality, but the mind-numbing misinformation of the media. I want to know you deeply, intimately, wholly. Move me off my couch and into Your world, to seek out those that are in dire need of You. Holy and gracious Father, use me, a repentant sinner, to do what You have laid upon my heart and to step forth in boldness. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pray, Do Not Be Anxious

Oh LORD, You're So Great

Discipleship