I'm Tired

I’m tired. There has to be more to life than sleep, waking, going to work, eating, laughing at coworkers jokes that aren’t even funny because it takes more energy to answer why I feel lethargic than to give a little chuckle. What’s going on? Is this the abundant life that Jesus promised (John 10:10)? Why does everyday feel like getting teeth pulled? Where is the joy? Where is the kingdom life?

Do you ever get the feeling that maybe you were made for something greater? Every now and then you have those moments, I know you do, of clarity where everything is, well, clear. When your perspective on life and everything around you for a moment takes on deep and glorious meaning. It’s like Bradley Cooper’s character in Limitless when he takes a pill that allows his brain to work at full capacity and everything just aligns perfectly. Those moments for me are what keep me going, keep me striving. It’s no pill though, but God’s hand upon my life, showing me in a small window glimpse what I can accomplish as long as I trust Him, obey Him, and walk with Him. It’s as if He’s saying in these moments what Moses told Joshua, “It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed” (Deuteronomy 31:8). Or as I hear it, “This my child, is the life I want for you, take it, I will be with you, do not be afraid.” How do we capture those moments though, how do we turn that epiphany into actuality? It sounds redundant, but it takes unadulterated, unyielding, and unwavering faith, faith in the living and almighty God. He is not just some fantastical concept, but has walked this earth, touched individual lives, and has brought billions to their knees. I can’t stress this enough, Jesus lives and he absolutely wants us to have the kingdom life here and now. This is in whom my faith resides.


I have been a coward in the past, not wanting to create a scene or be seen as “that guy” as coworkers or friends tread on Christ’s name, make fun of other’s misfortunes, or just spout obscenities and vulgarity as I uncomfortably listen and watch. No more. It is time to shake things up, to stir the pot if you will. Friends, we do not know the day or hour of His return. What will you be doing or not doing as he descends upon the earth? Stand up for the one who gave his life for you and proclaim his story, grasp those moments of visionary ecstasy from God and do something. We are on the edge of something great.

Comments

  1. i reflect on your words and think of the ignorance and decadence that Jesus confronted. your words combined with my father's views that men will fail our lord, such as Peter's denials, are poignant.

    i try not to fail but do, and in doing so i try not to take for granted the forgiveness i've inherited.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pray, Do Not Be Anxious

Oh LORD, You're So Great

Discipleship